Saturday, February 8, 2014

Finally Finished.

Hello All,

Well,  between snowstorms, ice storms, work, babysitting grandaughter and computer crashing  I got the quilt done.   Been a real busy week and ahalf or has it been two already.  I think I'm tired.  Anyway here it is.  It is a crib blanket with two flannels and a lite batting.




I also finished a bear that was custom ordered. The customer had a shirt from her deceased father that she wanted me to make for her. The bow ties is made from an vintage tie. He was just too dark and blank with out somelight color. That's my grand daughter( Cheyenne), who helped shovel out from the snow. The eyes were not finished at this point. Looks kinda spookie don't you think?






While I have your attention, Here is a couple pics of the iced trees, The sun made them look like crystals. A photographer I'm not. But you can see a little.




While I have your attention, Here is a couple pics of the iced trees, The sun made them look like crystals. A photographer I'm not. But you can see a little.

Valentine nails next weekend.

 Take care.    T

10 comments:

  1. The quilt looks so soft and cuddly, but my hand hurts just thinking about snipping all those exposed seams. I love the bear. Great idea for a memento too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt, very pretty colors. That is going to be one happy and warm Baby. But I got to say, I really love the Teddy. What wonderful memories will be connected with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your flannel quilt, bright and happy. Teddy turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby quilt is very pretty and I love those colors! My sister made everyone in my family pillows from my deceased fathers shirts - love the Teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Tonia, I love Mr Ted~~~ he has real character.
    The Baby Quilt is so colourful, it will become a Family Heirloom in time~~~ if it doesn't get worn out by the youngster first.
    We have not had any snow this year (yet) The icicles on the cables look really good, I wouldn't want to be under them when they snap off ;0)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely crib quilt with the chenille edging ... a great detail for a baby's quilt. Making the teddy out of a loved one's shirt is a great memento. With his eyes all finished he looks like an adorable little guy, not spooky at all ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt, and I love the other sweet creations as well! I am stopping in via SewCalGal. I love your haircut, btw. I'm your newest GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt, and the bear is adorable! Love to see your work!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just looking at your header again. Are those your chickens? I've been so tempted to get a few chickens, although this winter would have been the worst one for trudging through the snow to take care of them. Still, I picture sitting on my front porch with a chicken in my lap. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is so pretty! I love making the rustic or rag-style quilts. They are so soft and cozy and washing only serves to enhance them. The bear is wonderful, too. It really looks so nice with the lighter bow-tie to accent!

    ReplyDelete